An Eco-Friendly Mattress That Give You Guilt-Free Sleep31 May
If you love the pressure-relieving benefits of memory foam but care about your health and the environment, our eco-friendly mattress may be the perfect choice. Unlike many memory foam mattress manufacturers, we use non-toxic materials to make Sleep Natural products, allowing you to sleep better knowing you’re doing what’s best for your body and the planet.
The Difference in Our Eco-Friendly Mattress
All mattresses made of foam have at least some off gassing, but we’re able to refer to Sleep Natural as an eco foam mattress. That’s because Sleep Natural beds are built with non-toxic, environmentally friendly materials. Notice the differences between conventional materials and those we use:
Materials Often Used in Traditional Memory Foam Mattresses
- Flame-retardant (FR) chemicals which contain boric acid and phosphates, known to cause cancer
- Formaldehyde in the adhesive used to hold the mattress together, which research shows can exacerbate asthma and allergies and even lead to throat, lung and nose cancers
- Cotton treated with pesticides, which research has shown to cause nervous system disorders and cancer
- Foams containing petroleum-based polyester, polyurethane and nylon, which all emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) harmful to the planet
Materials Used in Sleep Natural Which Make it a Green Mattress
- Untreated wool, a safe and eco-friendly flame-retardant
- Wild-harvested rapidly renewable and sustainable bamboo
- Organic cotton grown without pesticides or synthetic fertilizers
- Natural latex extracted from chemical-free, sustainable rubber trees which resists mold, mildew and dust mites
- Foams that are CertiPUR-US certified, meaning they do not contain petroleum or polyurethane and meet strict emissions standards
Why CertiPUR-US Certified is So Important in a Non Toxic Mattress
We all want what’s best for our health and our family’s well-being, so it’s a no-brainer to look for materials that won’t cause respiratory problems or cancers. But it’s also important to consider whether or not we’re harming the environment by buying a bed filled with chemicals. We built the Sleep Natural brand with our planet in mind, which is why we never use foams that are not CertiPur-US certified. Each eco-friendly mattress we make contains:
- No ozone depleters. The ozone layer is important for shielding us from the sun’s radiant energy. In 1987, the Montreal Protocol mandated that ozone depleting chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) be eliminated in all industries by the year 2000. While foam producers in the U.S. have complied, CFCs are still used in foams manufactured in other countries. By carrying the CertiPUR-US label, you can be sure there are no CFCs or other ozone depleters in our foam manufacturing process.
- Low Volatile Organic Compounds. VOCs are a big cause of air pollution and their emissions from household products are a concern for indoor air quality. CertiPUR-US foams go through rigorous testing to ensure they do not emit more than 0.5 parts per million of total organic compounds.
No PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (”Tris”) flame retardants. In 2005, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) banned PBDEs, and TDCPP and TCEP were identified by the Globally Harmonized System (GHS) as substances that may cause cancer, may cause genetic defects or may damage fertility or unborn child. Our foams never contain any of these flame retardants but instead contain wool as natural fire protection.
Rest With Peace of Mind on This Affordable Eco-Friendly Mattress
When we developed Sleep Natural, we aimed to offer a natural pressure-relieving mattress at an affordable price. Choose a Sleep Natural bed over any other green mattress and rest peacefully knowing you’re helping to protect the environment and improving your health, all while getting a great value.
Try a Sleep Natural Mattress For Yourself
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly memory foam mattress that relieves joint pressure, keeps your spine in alignment, and also improves circulation, it’s worth the savings to check out a Sleep Natural bed. You can explore the features online or see how a Sleep Natural Mattress feels at any store location.