Organic Mattresses: What Does That Really Mean?18 Apr
Products with the label “organic” can be confusing. We understand. Organic has become a popular word when it comes to buying groceries, and now it’s traveling into the mattress business. It’s hard to know what organic mattress means or why you would even want to buy it. Here’s an explanation of why buying organic is important to your health, especially when it comes to your sleep.
What Is An Organic Mattress?
Before we answer your question, let’s take a look at the definition of organic. According to the dictionary, it means “relating to or derived from living matter,” so something that is grown from soil you can consider organic. When it comes to food or farming methods, organic means “produced or involving production without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or other artificial agents.”
So how is it possible to make an organic mattress? That has to do with the materials used to build it. Some mattress marketers will claim to offer an organic or “green” mattress just because the cover contains bamboo or a layer is made of latex. But if that “green” cover or layer is on top of unnatural foams that contain toxic chemicals, it’s definitely not the safest or most environmentally friendly bed.
If you want to buy a truly healthy sleep surface, your best bet is to look for a certified organic mattress which contains:
Grown without toxic and persistent pesticides and synthetic fertilizers, or the use of genetically engineered seed.
Taken directly from a sustainable rubber tree.
Foams that meet this requirement:
- Are formaldehyde-free
- Contain No ozone depleters, no CFC’s
- Have low emissions for indoor air quality
- Contain no mercury, lead, or other heavy materials
What are the Benefits of an Organic Mattress?
Certified organic mattresses are healthier for your home, your family, and the environment. Here are some worthy benefits of buying one:
- We make them from natural products containing no pesticides
- We manufacture them using chemical-free processes so you can rest easy knowing you aren’t breathing in harmful toxins.
- By purchasing an organic mattress, you help reduce your carbon footprint, as well as the number of harmful chemicals in the air.
- They’re more durable than mattresses made with man-made materials and toxins, allowing them to last longer than 10 years.
- Natural latexes and plush foams are ultra comfortable, providing joint pressure relief for better sleep.
What is the Best Organic Mattress?
There are quite a few mattress companies out there who claim their product is the most natural or most comfortable. However, those claims can come with enormous price tags, with some organic mattress companies charging thousands! The best non-toxic mattress we know of is both natural and affordable.
Sleep Natural mattresses were developed by Mark Hisle, owner of Mark’s Mattress Outlet. When customers asked Hisle for a memory foam mattress alternative that more customers could afford but that relieved pressure just as well as other national brands, Hisle met both of those requirements — and went one step further. He created the mattresses using non-toxic materials like natural latex, organic cotton, and CertiPur-US certified foams. Sleep Natural mattresses are everything a customer wants in a natural mattress for a fraction of the cost — and we make them right here in the midwest.
Sleep Natural Mattresses:
- Produce zero air emissions or off-gassing
- Are hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant
- Relieve pressure points and promote spinal alignment for pain-free sleep
- Eliminate motion transfer between sleep partners
Stop Searching for the Best Organic Mattress. You’ve Already Found It.
Whether you’re looking for an organic latex mattress, an organic memory foam mattress, or a combination of both, you’ll find a Sleep Natural bed that meets your expectations. Shop our entire line of Sleep Natural mattresses online, or visit a Mark’s Mattress Outlet near you. You’ll be amazed at the comfort and peace of mind you can get from sleeping on an organic mattress. And with Sleep Natural, you’ll also be amazed at the price.
Try a Sleep Natural Mattress For Yourself
If you’re looking for an eco-friendly memory foam mattress that relieves joint pressure, keeps your spine in alignment, and also improves circulation, it’s worth the savings to check out a Sleep Natural bed. You can explore the features online or see how a Sleep Natural Mattress feels at any store location.